Salt, red chilli, dried plums with pits, fenugreek seed, dill seed, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, nigella, bay leaf, fennel, brown cardamom, ginger, garlic, clove, dried papaya powder, maltodextrin, hydrolysed soy protein, citric acid, cane sugar, canola oil, natural and artificial food flavour and silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent).
||Bombay style pilaf
1kg Beef/Chicken/Mutton, cut into small cubes, with bones
750g Basmati Rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
300g Onion, finely sliced
300g Tomatoes, chopped
250g Potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp Ginger Paste
2tbsp Garlic Paste
200g Plain Yogurt, beaten
Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix
• Fry the onions in the oil until golden. Add the tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
• Add the meat, garlic, ginger, potatoes, yogurt and Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix. Fry for 10 minutes. Add 1-2 cups water and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase the heat and stir fry until the oil separates from the sauce.
• Meanwhile cook the rice separately. Add 3 tbsp salt to 3litres hot water and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is half cooked. Remove from the heat and thoroughly drain.
• Spread half the rice in a pot, pour over the cooked meat and sauce and top with the rest of the rice. Cover the pot and cook on a low heat until the rice is fully cooked and tender.
• Stir before serving with fresh salad and raita.