Salt, red chilli, ginger, garlic, dehydrated onion, cumin, nigella, turmeric, coriander, green cardamom, black pepper, clove, maltodextrin hydrolysed soy protein, sugar, citric acid, canola oil, natural and artificial, food flavour and silicon dioxide.
||Biryani (Delicious Mild Meat Pilaf)
Serves 6-8 persons
Rice - 750g/4 cups, washed & soaked for 30 mins.
Meat (Beef/Mutton/Chicken) - 1 kg small cubes
Onions - 3 chopped medium sized/250g
Tomatoes - 3 chopped medium sized/250g
Fresh Coriander- 1½ cup, chopped
Fresh Mint - 1½ cup, chopped
Plain Yogurt - 1 cup/200g
Oil - 1 cup/175g
Shan Biryani Masala Mix - one packet
• Heat the oil and fry the onions until golden. Add the meat, Shan Biryani Masala and stir for a few minutes.
• Add yogurt and water, cover and cook until the meat is tender.
• Then add the tomatoes and fry on high heat until the oil begins to separate from the masala and put to one side.
• Separately in 3 litres boiling water, add 2 tbsp of salt and the soaked rice. Boil until it is three quarters tender, then drain it thoroughly.
• Layer half the rice in a pot, cover with the meat mixture then top with the remaining rice. (Sprinkle Yellow Food Colour if desired). Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and mint leaves. Cover and cook on a low heat for a few minutes until the rice is tender. Mix well before serving.
• Serve hot with Salad and Raita.