Salt, coriander, ginger, black pepper, brown cardamom, green cardamom, cumin, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, red chilli, garlic, black cumin, citric acid, maltodextrin, hydrolysed soy protein, cane sugar, canola oil, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent) and dried papaya powder.
||Punjabi Yakhni Pilau (mild spice meat pilaf)
Serves 6-8 persons.
Meat - 750g, Cubes with bones
Basmati Rice - 750g, Washed and soaked for 35 minutes
Onions - 4-5 Medium finely sliced/400g
Ginger Paste - 3 tbsp
Garlic - 2 tbsp, Coarsely ground
Ghee/oil - 1 to 1½ cups/250g
Shan Punjabi Yakhni Pilau Mix - One packet
• In 7 cups of water add the meat, garlic, ginger and shan punjabi yakhni pilau mix. Cover and boil on a low heat until the meat is completely tender and soft.
• Then remove the meat from the stock. Measure the stock and make it exactly equal to 6 full tea cups. If the stock is less, add water, if it is more, then let it boil to evaporate it. Sieve the stock, remove and discard the whole spices.
• In hot Ghee/oil fry the onions until very light golden. Then add the Meat and stock. Bring to the boil.
• Drain the soaked Rice thoroughly and stir it into the boiling Meat and stock.
• Cover tightly and cook undisturbed on a medium heat for exactly 20 minutes. Then remove from the heat and mix the Pilau.
• Serve hot with salad, Raita and Shami Kebabs.
Top tip: For variation, add 2 sliced tomatoes or 1 cup of whipped yogurt in Step No. 3 after the onions are fried.