Red chilli, salt, paprika, coriander, musk melon, ginger, garlic, black pepper, star aniseed, dehydrated onion, long pepper, all spice, black cumin, green cardamom, bay leaf, citric acid, maltodextrin, hydrolysed soy protein, cane sugar, canola oil, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent) and dried papaya powder.
||Tikka Seekh kebab (Spicy Barbecue Meat Cubes)
Serves 6-8 persons.
Beef/chicken/mutton - 1-1½hg Small, thin cubes
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Raw papaya with skin - 1 Cup finely sliced/200g
Ghee/butter melted - ½ Cup/75g for basting
Shan Tikka Seekh kebab BBQ Mix - One packet (or less if wanted milder)
• Mix Shan Tikka Seekh Kebab BBQ mix in half a cup of water. Add garlic, ginger, raw papaya and apply to the meat. Leave it to marinate for 3-4 hours. Then remove the raw papaya slices.
• Sew the meat onto a thin round/flat skewer. Place on a very low heat of coal/gas fire. Grill until very lightly browned.
• Brush the meat with butter/ghee and rotate the skewer to grill evenly on all sides until tender.
Seekh kebab (ground meat skewers kebab):
Include the following ingredients in the above recipe:
Very fine minced beef or chicken - 1kg
Ghee/suet/butter - 100g-150g Minced suet
Coarsely ground green chillies - 2 tbsp
Onion - 1 Medium chopped and coarsely ground
Ginger - 2 tbsp/50g
Garlic paste - 1 Heaped tbsp
Shan Seekh Kebab BBQ Mix - One packet (use less if wanted mild)
• Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and Shan Tikka Seekh Kebab BBQ Mix. Mix and marinate for about 3 hours.
• Add Ghee and knead well. Make small meat balls and sew the skewers through each meat ball. With wet hands flatten the minced meat around the skewer to make thin kebabs.
• Put on a very low heat of coal fire or in an oven and heat evenly by turning the skewers periodically until very light brown. Do not over brown the seekh kebabs.